Tuesday 16 October 2007

there can be no better word to describe the weekend than sleep! and dad was absolutely wrong in warning me not to drink so much tea in case i have problem sleeping cos what was suppose to be a short break by lying on the bed before starting to do work turned out to be a perfect 8-hour sleep! and the 'best' part of it was that i fell asleep at 11pm without changing, washing up and taking off contacts! don't worry, my eyes are still in perfect conditions.
sunday i managed to get my lazy bum out of the house to paddle a bit in the morning. good weather and water, and felt good to be in the boat again.
today was sports appreciation night. nothing unusual, just the normal speeches, award presentations and of course the highlight - buffet dinner that followed, which didn't really have a lot of good quality food.
hmmm.. did all the speeches and achievements of fellow athletes inspire me? to train harder? to study harder? to work towards my dream? what dream? i don't know. if my dream was to be a professional athlete, i've chosen to give up on that a few years ago. if my dream was to ace this exams, i'm definitely not doing enough and not even trying hard enough to get down to doing it. if my dream was to live each day to the fullest and be contented with life, why can't i just face each day with a smile that comes straight from the bottom of my heart? till i can finally find the real purpose in life, i will live each day as it passes by, looking forward to the end of each day and dreading the approach of the next morning as the countdown to the exams ticks away.
yes i admit, i'm scared...

No comments:

Post a Comment