Saturday 17 November 2007

visited my alma mater this morning to collect my sister's 'high achiever's award' for being 4th in class, cos she's off for holiday with mom. didn't mean to be late but i underestimated the morning traffic. i remember the days when i had to watch the buses zoom pass the busstop, all packed with people and feeling relieved when i could finally squeeze into one. the walk in from coro seems much nearer than i remembered, and yes, as i walked up to the hall, i heard the school song which haunted me for almost 10 years. wow, it's been a long time since i last sang it. the school's totally different now, most of my teachers are not there anymore, but some memories remain...
and i got my 7th earhole pierced yesterday. the whole process was done in less than a minute and it was surprisingly not painful. the girl in the shop convinced me that it won't drop off cos it doesn't have the back part, but i'm quite sure i'll just yank it off some day while drying my hair or something. and it was only when i reached home that i realised something more of a concern - i have no idea how i'm going to stuff an earphone in! ok laugh at me...
perhaps my pain tolerance has increased, or perhaps my heart's hurting even more to feel that bit of external pain. teach me how to smile when i have to learn about the news just before my first paper, when i read the blog entries and see the msn nicks. teach me how to smile when i have to face the four walls of the house, the loneliness written on them, the fact that i've to settle my own meals, tidy my room, mop the floor, wash, hang, iron clothes, remembering to collect letters, close the windows, water the plants, feed the hamsters and fishes. ok i'm just a spoilt brat..
sigh, makes me wonder again what's the most important aspect of life. perhaps it's the bliss of having it..
farewell..

No comments:

Post a Comment