Monday 12 November 2007

my only weekend not having to work was spent at home because i can't decide on a better place with nobody to disturb me. i guess the only highlight was saturday, when i finally had the chance to go out for family dinner. and my mom was happy to give a treat because she striked toto for the first time and won a grand total of...... twenty dollars. wahahahha, not even enough for dinner, which was just a simple meal of tze char at the nearby coffeeshop, cos my sis was complaining of a stomachache and wanted to rest at home, so we didn't want to be away for too long.
and when we finished eating and dapao-ed dinner for her, she was still not well, tossing and turning in bed. and then vomitted her lunch all over the bed! and i just happen to be studying the chapter on "呕吐哕下利病脉证治第十七" thanks for being my first-hand real-life example! and the golden chamber tells you that "朝食暮吐,暮食朝吐,宿谷不化,名曰胃反。" and that "胃反呕吐者,大半夏汤主之。"
and no prize for guessing where her dinner went, yes, into my stomach as supper.
counting down to d-day and pressing the panic button is no use if i don't do anything about it. this ought to be the most "slack" semester with only 2 core papers ending exams before everybody else, but i'm spending half the time sleeping, eating and cutting hair in my room! and i just can't freaking memorize all the crap! well, at least my elective tutor was nice and convincing enough to promise us that it is impossible to fail, though very hard to pass with flying colours. just don't let me prove him wrong cos i just need S for satisfactory, and i have attended all the lectures though i spent 90 percent of the time talking and the other 10 percent sleeping, and can't be bothered to borrow or photocopy the textbook, since i figured out that 'open book' = 'answer cannot be found directly from textbook'. just hope i can crap and bluff my way through.
and i am allowing myself to become fair and flabby, thanks to the rainy season and the inertia to step out of the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment