Tuesday 6 November 2007

it's been a long while since i ran on the treadmill cos i hate running on the same spot, having the machine to control my speed and nothing better to look at other than myself in the mirror. but thanks to the rain yesterday morning, i had to resort to my last alternative. there was nobody in the gym until this auntie came and the first thing she did was to swtich off the aircon! leaving me sweating like a pig while she happily WALKED on the treadmill next to me. not that i'm obsessed with how many calories i burn, but i really doubt the accuracy of the counter on the machine. i ran for 40 min (including warmup and cooldown), switching between intervals of higher speed and slope to break the monotony and it says i burned about 470 calories! (and i did change the default weight on the machine) sure or not??
and no, i'm not an exercise freak who spend hours working out everyday, but running is addictive and i realise my body can't wake up and i can't function for the whole day if i don't sweat it out in the morning.
speaking of running, stan chart is a month away and i haven't got time for long runs. just hope my lungs, legs and shoes are nice to me. and speaking of counting down, exams are in less than 2 weeks and i haven't managed to find a textbook for the open-book paper. haha. wish me luck..
i haven't disappeared, just not wanting to appear...

No comments:

Post a Comment