Monday 21 July 2008

yesterday was probably really my last race. think i recall saying that many times since many years ago, but seems like there's something tempting me to row every race. perhaps it's this desire for challenge and the affection for the water that lead me into one race after another.
yesterday's 10km was pretty good, for someone like me who hasn't been training. the queen of last-minuteness rowed two 10k during the last 2 saturdays and have been running for the past 2 weeks only. think i survived by riding wash half of the time. oops. lining up at the startline already made me feel old, i don't know 90percent of my competitors and they all look so young! think it's really time to bring home my paddle, frame it up or hang it up for display.
post comp dinner was at bugis steamboat. headed straight to bugis from mac and reached there super early. instead of heading for bugis junction or bugis street for shopping, i walked straight to nat lib, sat outside at hans to enjoy the breeze and played with my itouch while listening to music. was totally not in the mood to shop and the thought of having to squeeze through the crowd simply puts me off. it was not really a team dinner because the attendance was minimal. more like a mala challenge, with my added ma and la pot it was indeed powerful! the soup was more like chilli oil with lots of pepperlike spices. lips were swollen like sausage and sweating profusely. but it was shiok! sat down for talk cock and dessert after that till the rain stopped..

SU15 is starting soon, was once a freshie, once a freshie programmer, a senior prog and now a retired prog. last week on my way to school, i saw groups of freshies sitting around in circles at the interchange, with sleeping bags etc all ready for foc. i can't imagine i was once like that, cheering my hearts and lungs out in public, running and jumping around for one whole week with minimal sleep. i must admit it was a great kick start to uni life, and it was unforgettable, but i can't picture myself doing that again now..

jia you SU15!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment