Saturday 21 October 2006

And there was yet another case of suicide by jumping down the MRT platform. Has it really become the coolest way to die? Or do these people just want to make their death so widely publicized? Reading the report on the guy's family is really saddening. Living in this generally affluent society, it is hard to imagine there are still people so poor they have no money for transport to claim the bodies of their family member. Although I do take pity on the family, I still think it was very irresponsible and selfish of him. So many people had to be affected just because of his one moment of "courage" or stupidity, there are so many ways to die a impactful death, why must one choose the disruptive way?
Ok, I do admit that the thought of committing suicide ever crossed my mind, but I would never do that, because I don't have the courage to. I don't have the courage to forgo the future that may be so beautiful; I don't have the courage to take that step and torture myself; but most importantly, I don't have the courage to let my loved ones suffer because of me. Ok, I think I still love myself to a certain extent...

No comments:

Post a Comment