Thursday 24 January 2008

having a free day in the middle of the week felt like a mini-weekend, especially when my weekends are packed with trainings and work so much so that my books and notes remain in my bag untouched till monday. decided to be a good daughter and went chinatown with mom yesterday to change money and to get into the chinese new year atmosphere. nothing spectacular, just the normal stuff on sale and definitely getting more and more expensive each year, and 1 buck can only get you 6 hum jing pangs instead of 7 at maxwell. haven't shopped for new year clothes and not intending to dedicate an afternoon just for that. somehow as you grow older, the excitement of cny gradually dies down. other than the angpaos, there's really nothing much to look forward to. well, this year i'm going to have a very different cny. in conjunction with mom's 50th birthday, which happens to fall on the exact same day, we're going for a one-week holiday to melbourne! so do let me know if there's anything good to buy back..
one more week till january ends, let february come and take away my poverty, especially when i worked so many days this month, and the angpaos, and my allowance for the sem! let february bring me the courage and determination. let january end before i do..

No comments:

Post a Comment