Monday 19 March 2007

2 days of MR500 has ended. How am I feeling now? I really don't know.. confused perhaps, and lost.
Speaking about canoeing first, i believe i've been pretty lucky for the heats to get myself into the finals. The outcome was quite expected and honestly I was quite satisfied with my performance based on the intensity (or rather the lack of it) of water trainings. From the thirst of gold when I first started canoeing, to the achieving of it, to the burnt out phase, to the numb.. i think it has gone through the whole cycle. what's going to happen next i really don't know. My aim for this MR was not to thrash everyone possible, to get as many medals as possible, but rather, for myself, it was to enjoy the sport, the race and not let myself down. I couldn't be bothered who are my competitors from the other schools and I didn't even think about any stupid mind games prior to the race. i wasn't feeling that nervous or stressed, i was still chewing my gum and enjoying the sun during the race. will i make a comeback for ncc? train like mad? i don't know...
Then about dragon boat, I must say that it's really a pity that we were so near yet so far from bringing home 66 gold medals, but we really rowed with our heart and soul, everyone, every stroke, every sweat. and of course there was the highlight of the day: men's open where all 5 boats were neck to neck for almost the entire 500m and it's really a matter of who has the greatest desire to put in every bit of strength left to pull the water, to scream the lungs out, for their team, for themselves, for the honour of the champions of MR500 2007. and so we did it, it was all in that last 20m. tears of joy, outburst of happiness, screams of euphoria. enough said. it was all shown on their faces. our dragon roared. another unforgettable moment..
Victory and handover dinner at Meridien Hotel followed. The food and ambience were pretty good and it was rather empty, or rather overpowered by our noise. It's the end of a chapter in canoeing again. From not wanting to come to ntu, to not even wanting to touch my paddle again, I have just made lots more scratches on my dearest paddle, even chopped off 4cm, and served 1 year as VC. Oh well, I must say there were good and bad times and what I enjoyed most was the company of the team. trainings aside, i really missed the pigging out sessions, the JB trips, the singing sessions recently, and the unforgettable sleepless farewell gifts making sessions last year. Uni life would be so boring without you guys!!
Right now i'm lost, no more trainings, study for exams??? NO I DON'T WANT TO STUDY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment