Saturday 25 June 2005

to all those who thought i have vanished into thin air, i'm back to blog again.
i totally miss my holiday and wish it never ended. i felt like i was in heaven, wake up, eat, go out and play, shop, eat slack. no work to do, no books to mug, no need for brains at all. i think i'm a shopaholic, went there with 4 luggages, came back with 8, and most were big plastic bags so we had to hand carry them and my lazy little sister only carried her own jacket and hugged a little bobdog softtoy which she insisted on bringing back (and now it's been chucked to one corner). well you can't blame me cos the things there are really cheap, especially food. youtiaos, buns, paos, pancakes, 2 for fifty cents. pirated vcds, a box of 2 discs for 6 bucks, haircut with wash and blow for 5 bucks and they serve you tea, all prises in renminbi. i came back with 5 tops, 2 skirts, 1 pants, 3 pairs of shoes and lots of food. my sister has lots of toys. we even bought a rabbit which is white with grey ears and black eyes, very cute and furry, but it died for unknown reasons after 3 days, poor rabbit.
i had lots of fun and i must comment that the traffic in beijing is terrible, jams everywhere and people push their way up into the bus and snatch every seat available. the bus is so crowded that there's hardly any space to breathe. visited my future school, it's a very old building but the hostel's new and the canteen food looks pretty cheap and decent. when i'm there again in 3 years' time, i'm going to explore as much of the great wall as possible and hopefully i can get to watch the olympics, heh. i think i've turned into a pig already, eat and sleep and play. but life goes on, now that i'm back, i've to get back to work and get ready for uni.
i've finally started on driving practical and i think i'm getting addicted to driving. it's so exciting to manoeuvre my own car and get it moving along the road. but i seriously doubt that i can finish my lessons before school starts as what i had planned cos of all the orientation and work. i had an ambitious instructor who made me do a crank course on my 4th lesson which he was suppose to teach me how to turn and of course i mounted the kerb. and i was so lucky to get him again for the next lesson and he made me explore the west of singapore, from batok to jurong east to clementi to my house and back to bbdc. i was trying my best to concentrate on the road while he was trying his best to distract me by asking me the meaning of the road signs and chatting with me and telling me the good food at the hawker centre near my house. don't know if i can book any slots next week cos i have to work almost every day.
went shopping with my darling yesterday and got myself a new pair of running shoes, it's neither pink nor blue, it's green. just tried it out this morning and it feels great. i'm slacking now, going to work later in the afternoon, just taught my sister how to play the piano, her first lesson with me, haha.
my short term goal: get ready my stuff to move to the hostel. other goals: get my license, design my room and my sister's room.

No comments:

Post a Comment